Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Looking Forward: June



Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's the first day of June, here are the June releases most tempting me.


June 2nd


The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
I've already read this, and I think this could be a super fun witchy read for people new to fantasy!

The Devil You Know by Trish Doller 
I hear this book is utterly terrifying, and while I'm normally a total marshmallow, I do have a thing for abduction stories

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
THIS COVER THE LITTLE MERMAID RETELLING ALL THE THINGS

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
ADAM'S BOOK! Look at it, it's so happy to see you.

The Hidden Prince by Jodi Meadows
Prequel novella (first of four) about a certain character in The Orphan Queen! And best of all, I hear it comes with the first two chapters of The Mirror King!

Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot
I'VE READ THIS TOO AND PRINCESS MIA IS BACK AND GETTING MARRIED AND IT'S LIKE ALL MY CHILDHOOD DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE

June 9th


The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
This cover, that synopsis, yes please

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
The first sentence of this book is I am a blood-soaked girl. SOLD.

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
KATIE'S BOOK!! Anna and the French Kiss meets KPOP! It's Anna and the KPOP kiss!

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella has a YA novel AND THE ANGELS REJOICED

Alive by Chandler Baker 
The MC has a poisoned heart. Hello.

June 16th


The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
This sounds like just my kind of contemporary

Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat
PRETTY COVER IS PRETTY

The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen 
I loved her first book, 17 First Kisses, so I expect greatness from this!

June 23rd


Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway
This booooook <3

The Leveller by Julia Durango
I don't know why I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book, but I very much did! It was fun and zippy.

Tangled Webs by Lee Ross
Historical + scandal + intrigue + romance + pretty cover = yes

The Rise and Fall of a Theater Geek by Seth Rudetsky
This theater geek loves reading about other theater geeks.

June 30th



Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler
DAHLIA'S BOOK! I've read this, and let me tell you, if you want a good lady romance, this is it. Also that one scene OH MY GOD Dahlia my GOD

So tell me, which June release are YOU most looking forward to?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I think the one I'm most looking forward to is The Stars Never Rise by R. Vincent. But, I'm also looking forward to Finding Audrey and Chasing Mermaids because omg they look so fluffy and cute and feminist things. I have re-read the Princess Diaries series if I want to read the new one, which I will. I just have to dig up my old copies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY THE WITCH HUNTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS! I loved The Witch Hunter and can't wait for Hidden Prince, one of the few novellas I care about! Also Anna and the KPop kiss, yes please! I think I want to read Royal Wedding also even though I've only read 2 Princess Diaries books. And I'm excited for Hidden Huntress this month, I loved Stolen Songbird :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahaha thanks so much for the shoutout, and so very glad you liked that scene ;) I've already read and loved a bunch of these, but I bought THE WITCH HUNTER at Teen Author Carnival and am so excited to read it! Also EMMY AND OLIVER, which I've heard fantastic things about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THE PRETTY BOOKS IN JUNE. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed THE WITCH HUNTER because I'm reading it right now and really loving it too! I'm SO FREAKING PUMPED FOR MORE HAPPY THAN NOT. omg cannot wait for this book. And HELLO, I LOVE YOU seems so adorable! I hope a lot of these books turn out to be great reads for you! Happy reading, Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids looks like such an ADORABLE book!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)